This is a frequently-updated list of resources (both online and offline) that I have used personally to help guide me in my journey as a stepmom. I highly recommend every single blog post, website, person, or product listed below. Have an idea of something that should be on this list? Let me know!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I receive a commission if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stepmom Topic Blog Posts by Leslie W.
- Welcome to The Stubborn Stepmom
- 38 Products Every Stepmom NEEDS Right Now
- For the Stubborn Stepmom | Changes Comes from Within
- Stepmom Woes | Just Venting
- How to be a Stepmom | 8 Tips for New Stepmoms
- Existing Together, Separately | A Co-Parenting Story
- 25 Inspirational Quotes for Stepmoms
- Stepmom: It’s Okay to Fall Back
- 6 Tips on Co-Parenting with a Birth Mother Who Has Mental Disorders
Recommended Facebook Groups
- The Stubborn Stepmom Facebook Group: This is Leslie W.’s Facebook group. It focuses on helping stepmoms thrive rather than merely existing within their lives.
- Second Wives and Stepmothers Club
- The Joyful Stepmom: A Christian Ministry
- The Happy Stepmother: A good beginner’s book to being a stepmom; goes over the many different situations you will probably find yourself in and offers realistic solutions.
- The Smart Stepmom: Answers questions that all stepmothers have and offers many solutions that can actually be implemented successfully.
- The Stepmoms’ Club: Written for stepmoms by stepmoms. Great easy read.
- Stepmonster: Psychology and science-based; looks at step-motherhood from a realistic point of view backed by research.
- Psychology Today: Find a therapist the easy way using a multitude of specific filters and searches
- Success For Steps: Christina Roach specializes in counseling for stepparents.
- Open Counseling: Affordable or free counseling
Weekend Retreat for Stepmoms
Stepmom Blogs I Recommend
I am by no means in any position to offer legal advice. If you are struggling & need help beyond yours and your partner’s control, please seek help – for the sake of your children (in my personal opinion).
I highly recommend Googling “Family Court Services __________ (Your City or State Name)” and go from there.
I also recommend checking out National Family Solutions (if Family Court Services does not work).
There are a wealth of resources out there both state- and nationwide and going to Family Court Services is the best place to start.
- The Starving Stepmom: LauraBeth Ferguson, C.P.C., is a public speaker for all things stepmom.
- The Stepmom Project: A support system for stepmoms.