Today I have two beauty tips I just have to share with you. There are two new products I have recently discovered that have changed my life! If you are a busy mom or busy women who doesn’t have much time for makeup and nails, but like to look your best, this post is for you!
I have recently discovered the most amazing foundation…and let me be the first to say — I am not a foundation-lover! I am totally minimalistic and natural when it comes to makeup and beauty (and overall appearance!). (This all started when I had my son almost 2 years ago…my priorities changed!)
Typically, I don’t wear anything more than brow gel and maybe mascara. However, if I feel like putting on makeup or am going somewhere special, I typically would put on tinted moisturizer with SPF, some blush, brows, mascara, and lip gloss…until the other day at Walgreens of all places, ha!
Mom Makeup & Nails | 2 Beauty Tips You Can’t Go Without
1. Must-Have Foundation for Busy Moms & Busy Women
I was at Walgreens waiting on a prescription and decided to browse the makeup section. I used to do this all the time when I was single…but after being married and having children, there is no time for these little pleasures! So I browsed…
Next thing I know, I had a cart full of new makeup products. Well…full may be an exaggeration. I had three new makeup products: a new foundation, a new lipstick, and a new makeup wipe.
The foundation is by Revlon and called “Photo Ready Insta-Filter Foundation.” I purchased it in the shade “Sand Beige”.
Let me tell you what I love about this foundation and why I have decided to start wearing this rather than tinted moisturizer!
- First, this foundation just feels so nice going on. It is very lightweight, almost “fluffy” in texture when being applied, but it has a medium coverage which, unbeknownst to me, is exactly what I’ve been searching for my whole life (haha).
- Medium coverage is perfect for someone like me who has a lot of sun damage (listen to your mom when she tells you to wear sunscreen!) and some skin discoloration. It hides this without looking “caked on”, and definitely does not feel “caked on” at all.
- Also, I love this because it actually stays on all day long (unlike tinted moisturizer, in my experience). Typically in the past, I would have to reapply my tinted moisturizer once or twice throughout the day. But not with this Revlon Photo Ready Insta Filter Foundation!
Ladies, you need to try this. I’m telling you, I feel like I’ve struck gold with this one! Watch my video below for the full makeup routine!
2. Press-On Nails as the New Manicure for Busy Moms & Busy Women!
Next up on the beauty tips list…nails. I am just as minimal when it comes to nail as I am with makeup and other beauty. I either sport a bare-nail, short-cut look, or when feeling feisty, get a nude color gel nail at the nail salon.
Well, not anymore. I have found my little slice of heaven in the nail section: press on nails. Yes, you read that right, press on nails.
Press on nails are something I used to do in elementary and middle school (which was the early to mid 90’s)…but they were horrible in quality back then! They came off the next day after applying them, if you were lucky. But, ladies, I have found the best press on nails! They’re by KISS nails and are called “Impress.” They are awesome!
So…here’s what is so awesome about them:
- For one, they do not damage your nails at all whatsoever. Like…at all.
- They are so easy to apply (only takes me about 5 minutes, or less).
- They last two weeks! Can you believe it?! I was shocked when I first tried them and they lasted for two weeks! Incredible.
- Another thing I love about them is they come in various lengths…I always get the shorter length to sport a more natural-looking nail (and for ease of use near my 2 year old!)
Watch my video below for the full step-by-step guide on how to apply these press-on nails from the comfort of your own home!
If you decide to try either of these products, please let me know in the comments! I’d love to hear your thoughts! I will be posting more beauty and makeup related tips soon.
Also, I have a YouTube channel. The videos I filmed for both the makeup tutorial and the press on nail tutorial are above. I actually go over my full makeup routine, showing how to use the new Revlon foundation I discovered, as well as how to apply the new press on nails! Please subscribe to my channel by clicking here.
If you’re new to my blog, please make sure you check out The Stubborn Stepmom – there’s such a wealth of information, support, & resources there for stepmoms (if you know of one, send her my way). I also have a section just for businesswomen, called “Leslie W. Business Babes” wherein I go over the best practices for running your blogging or social media business. Check them both out before you go!
Thanks so much for reading, as always. Take care!