Recently, I did a Q & A on my YouTube channel; one of the questions was “what is your favorite mom hack?” and let me tell you – I had such a hard time choosing just one! It was after answering that question that I decided I needed to share my numerous “mom hacks” with the rest of the world. These hacks are tried-and-true hacks that will truly make your life EASIER and less stressful – I promise! These tips and tricks also help you to be more efficient and productive in your everyday life 🙂
If you would rather watch a video with these hacks, see the video below, or head to my YouTube channel to watch it:
If you would rather read the hacks, well, here you are. They are in no particular order:
*Note: I am not sponsored by any of these companies*
- Use a meal prep/delivery company: We use Green Chef and could not be more happy with them. I am NOT sponsored by them, unfortunately! They deliver us 3 meals a week, and they are all either vegetarian or vegan. The meals are very easy to make and are always healthy and delicious. We order twice the normal portion sizes so that we have leftovers for lunch and dinner the next day. Taking the decision-making process out of meal planning really is one of my biggest tips to a less-stressful week! It works every time! If you are interested in trying out Green Chef, use this link to get your first week free, no commitment necessary!
- Hire help: Obviously you can only do this if you can afford it…but if you can afford to hire help, DO IT! Do not be ashamed. There are times in our lives when we have needed more help than others. By “help” I mean services like a nanny or housecleaner. We have both. Our nanny comes for about 5-10 hours per week (much less now that Harrison is in preschool) so that I can leave the house and work on my thesis. We also have a housecleaner come about every 6 weeks to do a deep clean of our house. These two services/people make SUCH a HUGE impact in our day-to-day routine and truly make things easier. We use the Handy app for booking our cleaner. If you are interested in trying Handy to use for a housecleaner, use this link for $55 off your first service!
- Shop on thredUP: If you have been around my blog/YouTube channel/Instagram for a little while, you KNOW how much I LOVE thredUP. thredUP is the world’s largest fashion resale marketplace with over 35,000 brands (from Gap to Gucci) at up to 90% off. What I like about thredUP? I love that they have such a small impact on the planet, my time, and my wallet…AND I love that I can not only buy resale items on thredUP, but I can also sale items to thredUP for consigning. It really is a fantastic company where you can either make money or buy second-hand NICE clothing for yourself or your children, for a fraction of the cost of retail prices. Check them out now by using this link and get $10 towards your first purchase!
- Use a brow gel, if nothing else: I have been a firm believer of the saying (that I just made up) “no need for makeup, only brows!” for a long time now. Most days, you will find me without makeup…why? Because it’s just easier that way! But…even on days when I’m wearing nothing, I almost ALWAYS wear my brow gel! It really does help to frame your face and give you a “put together” look without actually having to be put together. My favorite brow gel is Gimme Brow by Benefit Cosmetics. I will include a clickable picture below if you are interested in trying it!
- Use Nair when your time is limited: Now I know what a lot of you will say – “not Nair! Nair is awful!” – and you know what? I used to feel the same way! But when I first had Harrison, I felt like time was just something I couldn’t ever spare…so one day, during the summer, when in desperate need of a bikini wax, I decided to try it. I only had about 10 minutes before Harrison woke from nap and we headed to the pool, so I had to do something that was quick and efficient. I was SHOCKED at how well it worked (I hadn’t tried it since high school at that point). It did not irritate my skin, it actually removed the hair, and it was really easy to do. So…I highly recommend having some Nair on hand for those times when you are in a pinch and need a quick fix (although it is much more long-lasting than a quick fix!). I will include a clickable picture below for you of the Nair I use the most.
- Shower at night: I cannot tell you how often I do this because of how EASY it is and how GOOD it makes me feel. Ladies, moms, SHOWER AT NIGHT whenever you have the opportunity! It is so much easier than showering during the day time when your children are awake. I shower at night for several reasons: for one, I like to shower when I know I have unlimited time – so I can pamper myself a little; for two, I like to shower at night because it relaxes me; and lastly, I like to shower at night because when I wake up in the morning, all I have to do is throw on my clothes and do my brows and I am ready for the day! Trust me, try this out!
- Get a lash lift & tint: I wish I would have known about this AGES ago. This truly is the BEST thing I have discovered in 2019. I get a lash lift and tint every 6 weeks and I can’t imagine ever NOT wanting to get this done, now that I know about it. I LOVE getting a lash lift because it is a natural way to boost your lash length and volume without having to have artificial lashes. It is basically a perm for your eyelashes! The tint just helps to make them stand out even more. I don’t like to wear makeup so the lash lift makes it look like I have on mascara at any given moment during the day. It costs about $75-120, depending on where you go and what you have done…but in my opinion, it is TOTALLY worth it. I did a recent video about it and I will link that here if you’d like to watch it.
- Buy neutral clothes for easy matching: I learned this from a blogger years ago and have been doing this ever since…and I am SO glad I have. I buy almost all neutral clothing items (shirts, pants, jackets, shoes, etc.) so that my clothes will ALWAYS match, no matter what I pull from my closet. If I want a pop of color, I add in a colored scarf or special jewelry or lipstick or something along those lines. But, these days, I am totally fine without color! It is so nice because I don’t ever have to worry about what I am going to wear matching because it’s all neutral so it all matches! I make sure to get name-brand, nice, long-lasting clothing (Banana Republic is my favorite, especially getting items on sale after their season) so that they will last for years. Plus, neutral never goes out of style since you can add various elements to it at any given point/trend. Try this out, you will not be disappointed!
- Clean as you go: I have been doing this for YEARS and it is one of my most tried-and-true hacks of them all. I clean as I go along…with everything. This means dishes as I am cooking, toys as Harrison is playing (he helps me/does it himself too), etc. I ALWAYS clean as I go along, rather than waiting for something to be finished. It just helps my inner calm and peace and saves me so much time.
- Beauty Counter’s Transforming Duo: My friend, Kerri, sent me this duo recently and I absolutely love it! This duo consists of a lipstick that appears to be void of color, and a lip gloss. The cool thing about this duo is that the lipstick, overtime, changes colors to the perfect pink color for your lips. It is amazing! I used it in my mom hack video (linked above) if you want to see what it looks like – but the best way to describe it is it gives you a “flushed, youthful” look. It is so neat. Kerri has been generous enough to include her e-mail for any of you who would like to try this duo out. Please contact her at email@example.com and let her know I sent you! I will include a link for the duo here.
That is all for my mom hacks! I hope you enjoyed them and I hope at least one will help you out! Please let me know which one you are looking forward to trying the most! Also let me know of any other mom hacks you use and swear by!
Thanks for reading, and as always, take care.